2 DOWN RULES
VIDEO TO COME
54 Cards Consisting of:
4 x Wild
4 X 1Up
2 X Swap
2 x Jum
2 X Block
36 x Number/shape
4 x Rules/challenge
- Choose a challenge card and place it face up in view of all players along with the reference card.
- Choose a dealer, shuffle the cards.
- Deal 2 cards face down one at a time in a clockwise direction in front of each player. These cards remain face down.
- Deal 7 cards face down one at a time in a clockwise direction to each player. Players hold their cards in their hands so no one else can see their cards.
- Place the remaining cards face down in the middle of the table. This will be the draw pile.
- Take one card from the top of the draw pile and place it face up next to it. This will be the discard pile.
- The dealer will change in a clockwise direction every round.
- The player to the left of dealer starts.
- Play will continue in a clockwise direction. On your turn draw one card, either the top card from the draw pile or the top card from the discard pile*. Add this card to your hand. To end your turn place a card face up on top of the discard pile.
- *On the first players turn they can pick up any card that is on the discard pile Eg. Swap and 1up. These cards can not be picked up if someone has discarded this type of card on their turn.
- Each player will try and complete the first level. A level is a combination of cards. Levels are made up of RUNS, GROUPS, PACKS, HEAPS, CLUMPS, ODDS and EVENS. Each is set with a number of cards required to complete the level. Example : Challenge Intermediate Level 7 requires a Group of 3 and a Pack of 3. To complete this level the player need a *Red 4, Green 4, Yellow 4 and 3 square cards in the same color.
*Numbers, colors and shapes are for example only.
- If, while on your turn you can finish a level, lay the cards face up on the table. The round is now finished with no more turns.
- All the other players now pick up their face down cards. If they can finish the level they may do so. If a player has Swap or 1up card within their face down cards, these cards are of no use.
- The players who complete a level will advance to the next, however the players who don't, must stay on the same level until they accomplish it.
- The first player to finish all 9 levels wins! Players can not change the order of levels and must play through each level in order. Once someone places their level 9 down the game is over and the other players do not pick up their face down cards.
- A wild card can be used as any number, color or shape. For example if the player is going for a 4 of a kind and has in their hand three number "7" cards, a wild card can be added and used as an extra number "7" card. Or if a player is going for a Run of 5 and has in their hand a "1," "2," "3," and a "5" they can use the wild card as the number "4".
- Once a player places a swap card onto the discard pile. The player chooses what direction everyone will swap their cards, left or right. Every player will pass their entire hand to the player in the direction chosen. The face down cards will stay in place and not be swapped. If a player is given 9 cards and still has their two face down cards in front of them, the 2 face down cards are out of the round and can not be picked up.
- Once a swap card is placed on the discard pile it can not be picked up by the next player.
- Swap cards can not be used to make up a level.
- Once a player places a 1up card onto the discard pile they will pick up one of their face down cards. Giving them an extra card to play with for the rest of the level.
- If a player has already picked up both face down cards and has an extra 1up card, on their turn they can discard this card and replace it for another from the top of the draw pile. The maximum amount of cards a player can hold is 9 when it is not their turn.
- Once a 1up card is placed on the discard pile it can not be picked up by the next player.
- 1up cards can not be used to make up a level
- A run is made up of three or more cards in numerical order, these cards must be the same colour. Example for a Run of 4 the player will need a *"4," "5," "6," "7." all in green
- A Group is made up of two or more cards with the same number. The numbers can be different colours.
Example for a Group of 3 the player will need three "5s". If the level requires a Group of 4 and a Group of 3 the player will need four *"3s" and three *"7s" to finish this level.
- Same shape with the same color. Example for a Pack of 3 the player will need 3 *Triangles in the same color
-Same shape different colors. Example for a Heap of 5 the player will need 5 *Circles in varying colors.
- A number of cards must all be the same colour. The cards do not have to be in numerical order.
- Odd cards only consist of odd numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. Challenge Cadet, level 2 the player needs every card to be odd, these cards can be different colours.
- Even cards only consist of even numbers 2, 4, 6, and 8. Challenge Cadet, level 2 the player needs every card to be even, these cards can be different colours.
RUN ONLY ODDS
- The run must be in numerical order only using odd cards. The run must be the same colour. Example the player will need a *"1," "3," "5," "7." All in the colour green.
RUN ONLY EVENS
- The run must be in numerical order only using even cards. The run must be the same colour. Example the player will need a *"2," "4," "6," "8." All in the colour green.
*numbers, colors and shapes are for example only